A Year-Long Study of the Yamas & Niyamas
I invite you to join me for a year-long study and deep dive into who we are and how we can live our Truth, through exploration of 10 major principles, as our true guide on this journey of life.
About the Program
Elevate your life to the next level as we explore these backbone yogic principles of social restraints and self-disciplines, called the Yamas and the Niyamas, that guide how we relate to others, take care of ourselves and connect to ways of living that are in tune with all of life.
- explore and engage with the Yamas - the ‘restraints’, including non-violence, truthfulness, non-stealing, non-excess and non-possessiveness that give direction to a well-lived and joyful life
- explore and engage with the Niyamas - ‘observances’ including purity, contentment, selfdiscipline, self-study and surrender, that help open us up to live life more fully and joyfully
- a year-long, step-by-step guided path - for purifying the body and mind
- the ultimate goal of this program - to help us cultivate a steady mind, leading to calm bliss and joyful living.
- a small group, safe community that will offer support as we move together through the teachings
May 20, 2020 - May 12, 2021
Wednesday mornings, weekly, 9 - 10:30 am
Each of the Yamas, and Niyamas has been given a chapter. Each month we will cover one of the chapters / principles. Each week we will look at one of the sub-principles. There are readings and a little bit of homework each week. You’ll be encouraged to journal and perhaps share in our circle each week. There’s never pressure to do anything when we meet.
Online through Zoom and Google Drive
$250 + gst for the whole year
The Yamas & Niyamas by Deb Adele - (about $20), order through Amazon (required)
Contact me to register. Maximum 10 people for this study group.
I invite you to journey to the depths with me and see what we uncover this year.